A Quick Introduction

I've been wanting to blog for ages. About a dozen times a day, minimum, the thought occurs to me; "I should blog about this!", "This is something nobody has written about before!". This thought is inevitably followed by a depressing rumination on how I have no time to blog, nobody will read it, everything's been written about before, and who really cares about my thoughts and ramblings anyway. Okay, yes mom, I know you will most likely read this. Perhaps my husband. Either way, the thought of blogging has been swirling in my head for ages and I think it's time I bring my blog ideas into fruition.


What will you find in my blog?

That's a good question. One I still haven't narrowed down. I am pretty passionate about a lot of different topics; some of which include Myers Briggs/Jungian personality tpes, psychology, homeschooling, unschooling, religion, social issues, blended family issues, travel. I just realized this list will never end if I try to add every single topic I'm passionate about. So there's a good start anyway. If any of these things interest you then perhaps someday you will stumble upon my blog. 

Who am I?
I'm a scatterbrained, curious, passionate work-from-home homeschooling mom of three. I'm a military wife and part of a blended family. This will probably be the topic of many posts in the future. There really aren't a lot of resources out there for blended families in the blogosphere.

I'm an introvert, which is why it's a lot easier for me to blog or write about my thoughts instead of having to actually vocalize them to people. Who wants to do that anyway? People are scary. 

I know I just said people are scary, but on the other hand, I am obsessed with figuring them out. I love learning how people's minds work and how they process information. Someday I would love to go to school and get a degree in psychology. I devour books and blogs on psychology like it's candy.

I chose the name extreme daydreaming for my blog because I tend to do this a lot. I am one of those people who gets so caught up in a particular thought or daydream that I will literally walk into walls, or end up in rooms or places I have no recollection of going to because I was so immersed in my thoughts. Because of this I tend to be disorganized, messy, easily startled, and somewhat oblivious to my surroundings. On the other hand if you want to talk to me about your problems or your thoughts or passions, I will zone in on you completely and the rest of the world won't exist till you're done talking to me. Unless the baby is crying...or my husband needs me.. You get the idea. Family comes first.

I'm a Christian. I'm probably more of a liberal Christian than the majority. I homeschool my kids. I also tend to be a bit more on the liberal side of things than most homeschoolers I know. I tend to feel a bit like an outsider around most people in my path of life. More on that to come at some other time. 

For now I need to go comb my hair and put on some deodorant because my husband is about to get home from work and I want to look like I have some self respect. See you later!



0 comments:

Post a Comment